One more sleep until the Book Launch and Stroke Foundation Fundraiser tomorrow, and as I am sat in my home study, drinking my morning cuppa from my lovely mug that my friend Lesley bought me, I am going through my speech. I truly feel blessed to have had tremendous support from everyone, not only through my immediate stroke recovery, but from everyone who has helped me get this book to print. I publicly thank Mary Barber and Karen Faa, who have helped me organise this event and I have every confidence that the day will run perfectly.
I am told that my Community Notice I submitted was aired on TV last night so maybe we will half of Caloundra helping us celebrate the afternoon! I have had a few concerned calls this week from some guests who haven’t received a ticket and wanted to know how the day will run. Here are a few brief reminders for those who need to know:
- This is a FREE event – no ticket required – CASH ONLY EVENT
- Please arrive around 3:00pm
- Registration (for those who wish to keep updated on the progress of the book) & name tags
- Book sales – $20
- FREE ticket for a glass of champagne/orange juice
- FREE platters of nibbles and tea and coffee
- Stroke wrist band sales/entry into Lucky Door prize – $2.00 (ALL proceeds to the Stroke Foundation)
- Raffle ticket sales (over $3,000 of prizes) – 2 x $5.00 or 5 x $10 (ALL proceeds to the Stroke Foundation)
- Cailtin Gibney, Singer/Musician will be entertaining us for the afternoon
- Speeches from myself and Ted Gibbs, Stroke Ambassador
- CASH bar
- Please wear something blue in support of the Stroke Foundation
- Have fun!
- Any other queries…please phone me on 0432552375.